Views: 5 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-15 Origin: Site
An electrical conduit is a tube in which electrical wires are housed for a variety of building or structural applications. Electric conduit pipe can also be used to provide protection for electrical wiring from things like moisture, impact, chemical vapors, and animals.
Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT):
Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT) is a common example of an unbending conduit. Which is usually made of galvanized steel. Or it can be made of aluminum. This tube is commonly described as a thin-walled conduit. As it is thinner and lighter than RMC. It can also be rigid, but it can be easily bent using a tool called a tube bender.
EMT is installed with fittings and couplings that are completely protected by compression-type fasteners or setscrew. The tubing itself is not threaded like IMC or RMC. It includes 1 to 1.5 inches in standard size available for EMT. Exposed indoor wiring is where EMT is commonly used. Because it often runs in light commercial or residential construction. That is why it is just as important to assemble it with special water-tight fittings.
Thin-Wall Conduit or Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT), is a listed steel raceway of circular cross section, unthreaded, and nominally 10′ long. EMT (Thin-Wall) Conduit is available in trade sizes 1/2 through 4. EMT Conduit must be protected against corrosion on the outside and inside. EMT Conduit is installed by use of listed compression or set-screw type couplings and connectors. EMT Conduit is permitted to have an integral coupling on one end with set screws. EMT (Thin-Wall) conduit with integral couplings is available in trade sizes 1-1/4 through 4.
• Hot Dipped Galvanized, inside and outside providing enhanced, second to none corrosion protection and as such, metal-to-metal contact and galvanic protection against corrosion are provided.
• Manufactured with high-strength steel, and welded by electric resistance welding process.
• The exterior surface has a clear post-galvanizing coating to provide additional protection against corrosion.
• The interior surface provides a smooth continuous raceway for easy and hassle-free wire pulling.
• Both surfaces are free from defection with a smooth welded seam.
• Excellent ductility, providing uniform bending, cutting in the field.